We accept most insurances including Health New England, Tufts, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts, Harvard Pilgrim, and Cigna. Other insurances such as Medicare, Aetna, Fallon, Teamsters, GIC, First Health and Blue Cross Blue Shield from other states have some coverage for nutrition counseling and the number of visits allowed will vary. We suggest you call your health insurance to verify your exact coverage. At this time we are unable to accept MassHealth and Healthnet.
If your insurance does not cover, we offer reduced rates for patients who need to self-pay. Please call us for our current fee schedule.
If I need to call my insurance company, what do I ask?
Ask your insurance company the following questions:
- Does my policy cover nutrition counseling or diabetes education?
- Do I have coverage for any diagnosis or for just diabetes, etc?
- How many visits do I get?
- Are my visits allowed each calendar year or each 365 days from my initial visit?
- Do I need a referral?
- Does the coverage go towards my deductibles? If so, have I met my deductibles?
- Can I go to Nancy Dell & Associates for my counseling?
Do I need a referral? The answer varies with each policy. Most people do not need a referral. We do know that a referral is required by Tufts HMO, Tufts Medicare, Harvard Pilgrim HMO and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO. (However, if you are diabetic you do not need the referral.)